Click Here to receive Mindful Tips, inspiration, and updates on upcoming virtual offerings.
Upscale cultural travel that weaves inner discovery with unique, inspiring locations, unforgettable food and meditation for deep transformation.
Are you yearning for that adventure that feeds your soul AND allows you to experience the culture and magical, sacred sites of a country?
Have you heard about the amazing beauty, culture and spirituality of Thailand and Laos and want to be expertly taken care of while experiencing it for yourself?
Have you wanted to take a journey to Thailand and explore the rich meditation tradition of the area? How about the opportunity to meditate daily? And/or, at sacred sites?
Are you excited about learning more about the foodie culture of Thailand and being a participant in your own private cooking class? Or, having a traditional Thai massage that has your body and mind singing with joy!? Or, watching local hill tribe dancers amongst the sounds of the jungle? And, how about a 2 day/1 night cruise on the Mekong River as we leave Thailand for Laos?
These experiences and so much more await you as we travel into the heart of southeast Asia!
I want to personally invite you to step into this journey of discovery where we’ll not only experience the beautiful sites and cultures of these two amazing countries, but do it with the intention of understanding and experiencing the rich spiritual heritage and exploring the sacred Buddhist sites along the way. In addition, I will lead meditations throughout the trip while curating experiences as we go along.
This will truly be a journey where there is time for inner work, self-reflection, and personal exploration.
The trip is only open to a small group of 20 or less, allowing for a more intimate experience and one filled with fun and community.
If this is resonating with you, I invite you to take the leap…allow yourself the opportunity to travel to these exotic lands…come prepared to have life changing experiences and fill yourself up with the beauty and experiences that can only come from stepping out of your comfort zone and into the unknown.
I’ve designed this experience with luxurious boutique hotels, lovely resorts and a 5 star hotel in Bangkok – not to mention amazing food that will sustain us on our journey.
Join me for an adventure of a lifetime!
Join a small group of like-minded souls to experience Thailand & Laos! You’ll be immersed in the unique cultures and landscapes of the countried and discover the rich spiritual heritage of these countries. With inspiring temples housing skillfully crafted Buddha statues, royal palaces and lush and beautiful terrain, you won’t want to miss this opportunity to explore the history, architecture and sacred Buddhist sites of the region.
This tour will be led by longtime Buddhist practitioner, experienced tour leader and founder of Mindful Adventures, Elizabeth Prather. She will offer in-depth commentary on the spiritual heritage of the areas as we go along and offer daily meditations for those who are interested. There will be opportunity for instruction on meditation, if you are new to it, and all levels of meditation experience are welcome. We may also meditate, make offerings and receive blessings at venerated monuments along the way.
The tour is designed to be a blend of sightseeing and relaxation – in keeping with Thai and Laotian cultures. Your accommodations include luxurious boutique hotels in traditional architectural styles, lovely resorts and a 5 star hotel in Thailand’s capital, Bangkok.
In addition to our 12 day guided journey together, we are offering a 3 day unguided beach extension to the beautiful island of Koh Samui, Thailand. Your luxurious beachfront hotel offers the perfect location to relax and recharge while enjoying beautiful white sand beaches, coconut palm trees, great food and ocean breezes.
Check out the overview of the tour below and click on the link for a more detailed itinerary and to sign up for the tour.
- Tour Director with 15 years of experience leading tours and 25 years as a practicing Buddhist with experience teaching mindfulness and meditation
- 3 nights in a unique and charming boutique hotel in Chiang Mai located in the heart of the old city, yet tucked back in an area surrounded by ancient Buddhist temples and quaint shopping streets.
- Spa treatment included at a local Spa on Day 1 of the tour.
- Interactive cooking class where you’ll come away with a better understanding of the Thai foodie culture – and enjoy the lunch that you made!
- Visit a local shaman’s house and learn some age old secrets
- Enjoy the serenity of a jungle lodge
- Take a relaxing trip on the Mekong River as you leave Thailand and head to Luang Prabang, Laos
- On our river journey, enjoy the Pak Ou Caves, carved out of limestone cliffs, which contain thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of all different sizes
- 3 nights in a lovely resort and spa in Luang Prabang
- Special opportunity for a meditation at a scenic waterfall
- Enjoy the Kuang Si Butterfly Park, home to hundreds of Laos’ butterflies!
- For early risers, enjoy a dawn visit to watch monks collecting alms
- Enjoy a 2 night stay at a 5 star hotel in Bangkok
- KOH SAMUI extension – enjoy 2 nights at a beachfront luxury resort and spa
- Daily meditations (as possible with schedule)
- See the detailed itinerary for all the fun and adventure we have in store for you…
- $4,050 – double occupancy (small group surcharge if less than 16 people is $300 to $450)
- + $330 on tour air from Luang Prabang to Bangkok
- Single supplement: $925
Koh Samui extension
- $670 + $430 round trip airfare between Bangkok and Koh Samui
- Single supplement: $560
Early bird discounts
- $100 discount if booked by September 3, 2019
- Additional $100 discount if booked and paid in full via check by September 3, 2019 (deposit can be paid via credit card)
- $500 deposit due to confirm your space
- Additional information about payments or the cancellation policy can be found HERE
Questions? Please contact Elizabeth at email@example.com or phone: 520 549 8359.
TOUR COSTS INCLUDE:
- 11 nights, 12 day tour
- Tour Director accompanying you throughout the trip taking care of all logistics, sharing spiritual insights and meditation instruction and practice with the group
- 2 nights, 3 days for Koh Samui extension (optional, unguided yet Tour Director available via phone)
- Trip preparation assistance including full itinerary, trip notes, packing list and more
- Accommodation in Twin/Double rooms at hotels as mentioned in itinerary. Single supplement is additional.
- Daily meals as mentioned in itinerary
- Entrance fees for the visits as specified in the itinerary
- Arrival transfers from the airport to hotel. Departure transfer from the tour hotel to airport. All transfers and excursions by private air-conditioned vehicles with driver.
TOUR COSTS DO NOT INCLUDE:
- International airfare to Chiang Mai or any airfare or departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Passport and visa fees or photos
- Alcohol, laundry, telephone calls and personal expenses
- Any items not specified in this itinerary
Please contact Elizabeth if you have questions or need further information about the trip.
She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 520 549 8359.
Hi, I’m Elizabeth Prather! I’ve been a practicing Buddhist for 23 years and seriously embarked on the spiritual path while traveling throughout Southeast Asia, India and Nepal, starting in the mid-1990s. I had taken a sabbatical from a very successful corporate job yet realized that I was unhappy and unfulfilled. My love of travel led me into tour directing for Tauck, a luxury tour company, leading people on holidays for fifteen years. Due to the flexibility of that job, I was able to continue my spiritual studies and do retreats in Thailand, Myanmar, India and Nepal throughout the years. Then, in 2010, I embarked on a three year silent meditation retreat in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition.
In an effort to share mindfulness and meditation with others, I founded The Prather Group, a consulting firm that offers mindfulness programs for organizations and individuals. In addition, I am thrilled to be bringing my spiritual practice and tour directing skills together to offer upscale adventures for those who want to feel well taken care of on their vacations while getting in-depth knowledge and opportunities for meditation and inner discovery as we explore sacred lands.
I admit that I originally went to Thailand for the beaches (!) but ended up coming back again and again to enjoy the kind spirit of the people and the magnificent spiritual heritage of the country. And Laos…it’s the hidden jewel of the area and you won’t want to miss it. It will be my honor to lead you on this journey as we share the wonders and magic of Thailand and Laos together!
Note: this tour is offered in collaboration with Effie Fletcher of Himalayan High Treks, CST #2085690-40. All registration and payments will go through Himalayan High Treks.